‘White lie,

Waltzing through life as John Doe in search for myself while I seek for my train. Speaking in tongue and slowly as Mark Twain. “Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today” such loose in strain we act all vain. We have our own fib; will you have that walk with me to Spain?

12 thoughts on “‘White lie,

1. cyncoed says:

Whenever you enter a competition always remember it’s only one person’s opinion. They might love it, they might hate it, but as long as you like what you’re writing , it 100% doesn’t matter what others think . I entered a big competition when I was 20 and I spent an awful lot of effort and work into trying to make it perfect . I was absolutely gutted when I never even got onto the long list and got very disillusioned and hardly wrote anything for nearly 20 years. Looking back, that was a stupid response, but when you’re young we can all do stupid things! Now the way I look at it (nearly 40 years later) is this; if you look at fifty poems from fifty of the most famous poets you can think of , and if you had to pick one as your favourite, does that mean the others are rubbish, especially the ones that don’t make the top 10? You know that you can write good poetry, but I do feel your true strengths are definitely in performance so that’s why I think this would be right up your street, but as soon as you enter it, forget about it and if anything happens it’s a bonus. I can promise you that anything you do is going to sound a damn sight better than anything I could do; I’d just send people to sleep, apparently I have that kind of voice! Just go in with the attitude that you’ve a story to tell, and then tell it as honestly as you can, but don’t do what I did and take it so seriously that you go back into your shell for 20 years ! Best of luck !

You know, to be honest, i think i have read your comment about 8 times. I was just flabbergasted by your thoughts. It made me think about everything. So thank you so much for your advice and everything! You have been really keen on me😊

Dear Jojo, visiting the past here while waiting for your next one to drop. ;)) Very original poem… and wow reading the comments above… it would be pretty amazing to hear you do spoken word; your poetry definitely has that kind of beat vibe. Is this what the voice training you recently mentioned is about? Either way, rock on friend. Hugs!! 🤩🌻🎶❤︎❀

Hahaha awwww, lia. That’s so sweet of you. I truly appreciate your dedication to my work!! IT’S A HONOUR I HAVE MET YOU ON WP♥️♥️ and yes, this was a reason for me to think about spoken poetry, this is the voice training for! 😊 Thanks for your kind and loving support, Lia♥️ you break my heart with all your kindness ♥️♥️♥️😍😍😍😘😘😘 take care,

Ps, I’m posting my next poetry 1 hour 😘😘🤗🤗

Awwwwwww that is so so so wonderful!!!! Thank youooouuuuu!!! For all your support too. Very grateful to have virtually met you. 🥰🥰🥰🙏🙏🙏 Looking forward to the spoken word poems!! 🤩

♥️♥️♥️ You got me all hyped for my spoken word. Can’t wait when i have all the things and time ready for it. Finally have a week off from work, so now i get the time to think everything through. You will be the first one to know, Lia🤗🤗♥️♥️